Barcoo Shire Council By-election
In consultation with health authorities, the ECQ implemented a COVID-safe plan for all polling places and vote counting venues.
Returning Officers and supervisors are provided with guidance and resources to ensure all returning offices, polling places and vote counting venues are setup to protect voters, election staff and scrutineers from exposure to COVID-19. Measures implemented include:
- training for election staff
- actively maintaining social distancing
- use of contact tracing registers
- frequent cleaning
- provision of hand sanitation facilities, and
- use of daily checklists to ensure measures are maintained for the entire election period.
All measures are implemented based on advice from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 29 January 2021
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 29 January 2021
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 4 February 2021
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 8 February 2021, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot draw – Monday 8 February 2021, 2.30pm.
- Election day – Saturday 6 March 2021, 8am to 6pm.
- Deadline for return of postal votes – Tuesday 16 March 2021, 5pm.
Name: Kay Wood
RO Office: Barcoo Shire Council, 6 Perkins Street JUNDAH 4736