Working at an Election
If you're interested in working at a federal election, you will need to register with the Australian Electoral Commission.
To work at a state or local government election, please register an expression of interest (EOI) below.
Employment is for the duration of ONE electoral event only.
Even if you have worked for us in the past, you need to submit a new EOI and receive new login details.
Please note applications can only be made online.
ECQ employs a large number of temporary staff who work before, after or on polling day.
In order to be employed by ECQ you must:
- be at least 15 years of age
- adhere to the Political Neutrality Policy (PDF, 66.3 KB)
- adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Employment (PDF, 176.8 KB)
- successfully complete election training prior to commencement.
For information on election training, please see Training for Local Government By-Elections
How to apply
It is important to have the following information ready before applying:
- details of previous election work (if applicable),
- positions and state electorates/council area you wish to work in,
- an example of your experience:
- providing customer service and working in a team environment
- calculating figures accurately and working to deadlines
- managing or supervising staff (if applicable).
Frequently asked questions
- Please see frequently asked questions for more information about working at an election.
You will receive an email with your username and password once your EOI has been submitted.
If you have already submitted an EOI you can log in to check or alter your application.