Torres Strait Island Regional Council By-election
A by-election for a councillor for Erub (Division 14) in the Torres Strait Island Regional Council will be held on Saturday 19 December, following the resignation of the incumbent councillor.
View the notice of election PDF (0.11 MB).
Candidate nominations are open from Friday 20 November and close at 12pm (noon) on Monday 30 November 2020.
Enrol or update your details
Enrol to vote or update your details at aec.gov.au
Ways to cast your vote
In person: We will publish information about when and where you can vote in person following the close of nominations.
Postal vote: Download and send the application form PDF (0.09 MB) to us by 7pm Monday 7 December. Complete your vote by 6pm Saturday 19 December, and make sure the ECQ has it back by 29 December for your vote to be counted.
Telephone voting: Telephone voting is not available for this by-election.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 20 November 2020.
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 20 November 2020.
- Close of electoral roll – Friday 27 November 2020.
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 30 November 2020, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot draw – Monday 30 November 2020, 2.30pm.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 7 December 2020, 7pm.
- Early voting - Tuesday 15 to Friday 18 December 2020, 6pm.
- Election day – Saturday 19 December, 2020.
Name: Natalie Beattie
Mobile: 0428 617 399
Polling and electoral services notice ***Coming soon***