Rockhampton Regional Council Division 3 By-election
A by-election was held on Saturday 13 March 2021.
View the notice of election result PDF (0.03 MB).
In consultation with health authorities, the ECQ implemented a COVID-safe plan for all polling places and vote counting venues.
Returning Officers and supervisors are provided with guidance and resources to ensure all returning offices, polling places and vote counting venues are setup to protect voters, election staff and scrutineers from exposure to COVID-19. Measures implemented include:
- training for election staff
- actively maintaining social distancing
- use of contact tracing registers
- frequent cleaning
- provision of hand sanitation facilities, and
- use of daily checklists to ensure measures are maintained for the entire election period.
All measures are implemented based on advice from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 12 February 2021.
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 12 February 2021.
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 18 February 2021.
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 22 February 2021, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot paper order draw – Monday 22 February 2021, 2.30pm.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 1 March 2021, 7pm.
- Early voting - Monday 1 March 2021 to 12 March 2021.
- Election day – Saturday 13 March 2021, 8am to 6pm.
Name: Natasha Dunne
Contact number: 0438 996 210
RO Office: James Lawrence Pavilion, New Exhibition Road, Rockhampton Show Grounds ROCKHAMPTON 4700