Winton Shire Council By-election
A by-election for a councillor in Winton Shire Council will be held on Saturday 6 February 2021, following the resignation of a current sitting councillor.
View the notice of election PDF (0.1 MB).
Key dates for the election can be viewed on the election timetable.
Candidate nominations have now closed.
See who has nominated.
Enrol or update your details
Enrol to vote or update your details at aec.gov.au.
Ways to cast your vote
Election day is Saturday 6 February 2021.
Early voting will be available from Monday 1 February 2021 to Friday 5 February 2021.
Enter your address here to find your local polling place or early voting centre.
Postal vote applications have now closed.
Complete your vote and return it as soon as you receive it. You must complete your vote by 6pm Saturday 6 February, and the ECQ must receive it by Tuesday 16 February 2021 for your vote to be counted.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 8 January 2021.
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 8 January 2021.
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 14 January 2021.
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 18 January 2021, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot draw – Monday 18 January 2021, 2.30pm.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 25 January 2021, 7pm.
- Early voting - Monday 1 February 2021 to 5 February 2021.
- Election day – Saturday 6 February 2021, 8am to 6pm.
Name: Leia Mitchell
RO Office: 75 Vindex Street WINTON 4735