Richmond Shire Council by-election
The Electoral Commission of Queensland acknowledges the Traditional Owners of country where the by-election is being conducted, and their connection to land and community. We pay our respects to all Traditional Owners, and Elders past, present and emerging.
A by-election was held on Saturday 10 July.
View the notice of election PDF (0.1 MB).
Key dates for the election can be viewed on the election timetable.
In consultation with health authorities, the ECQ implemented a COVID-safe plan for all polling places and vote counting venues.
Returning Officers and supervisors are provided with guidance and resources to ensure the returning office and all polling places and vote counting venues are set up to protect voters, election staff and scrutineers from exposure to COVID-19. Measures implemented include:
- sign in using the Check in Qld app
- actively maintaining social distancing
- frequent cleaning
- provision of hand sanitiser
- training for election staff, and
- use of daily checklists to ensure measures are maintained for the entire election period.
All measures are implemented based on advice from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 11 June 2021.
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 11 June 2021.
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 17 June 2021.
- Candidate nominations close – Tuesday 22 June 2021, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot paper order draw – Tuesday 22 June 2021, 2.30pm.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 28 June 2021.
- Early voting - Thursday 8 July 2021 to Friday 9 July 2021
- Election day – Saturday 10 July 2021, 8am to 6pm.
Name: Ben Chapman
RO Office: Richmond Council Chambers. 65 Goldring Street, Richmond, QLD Australia 4822.