Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council Division 5 By-Election
The Electoral Commission of Queensland acknowledges the Traditional Owners of country where the by-election is being conducted, and their connection to land and community. We pay our respects to all Traditional Owners, and Elders past, present and emerging.
A by-election for Division 5 of the Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council was held in December 2021.
View the notice of election result PDF (0.12 MB).
View the notice of election PDF (0.13 MB).
A COVID-safe plan was in place for all polling places and venues for the by-election. Electors and staff were required to check in using the Check in Qld app. Other measures such as cleaning, sanitation and physical distancing were also implemented based on advice from the Queensland's Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 5 November 2021.
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 5 November 2021.
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 11 November 2021.
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 15 November 2021.
- Ballot paper order draw – Monday 15 November 2021.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 22 November 2021.
- Early voting - beginning the week of Monday 29 November.
- Election day – Saturday 4 December 2021, 8am to 6pm.
Name: Alicia Hangan
RO Office: The Seisia Indigenous Knowledge Centre, Tumera Street Seisia QLD 4876