Carpentaria Shire Council By-election
A by-election was held on Saturday 8 May 2021.
Key dates for the election can be viewed on the election timetable.
In consultation with health authorities, the ECQ implemented a COVID-safe plan for all polling places and vote counting venues.
Returning Officers and supervisors are provided with guidance and resources to ensure all returning offices, polling places and vote counting venues are setup to protect voters, election staff and scrutineers from exposure to COVID-19. Measures implemented include:
- training for election staff
- actively maintaining social distancing
- use of contact tracing registers
- frequent cleaning
- provision of hand sanitation facilities, and
- use of daily checklists to ensure measures are maintained for the entire election period.
All measures are implemented based on advice from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 9 April 2021
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 9 April 2021
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 15 April 2021
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 19 April 2021, 12pm (noon)
- Ballot draw – Monday 19 April 2021, 2.30pm
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 26 April 2021, 7pm
- Early voting – Wednesday 5 May 2021 to Friday 7 May 2021
- Election day – Saturday 8 May 2021, 8am to 6pm
Name: Joanne Ruddick
Mobile: 0447 745 218 and 0427 127 572
RO Office: Carpentaria Shire Hall, 99 Landsborough Street NORMANTON 4890