Enrol or update your enrolment

Voting is compulsory for all Queenslanders over the age of 18. If you don’t vote, you may receive a fine.

The Queensland electoral roll is maintained by the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC).

Check your enrolment or enrol

Check your enrolment, enrol to vote or update your details on the Australian Electoral Commission website.

You can also download PDF (0.2 MB) or collect a form from the AEC. Special enrolment categories and enrolment forms are available for people with specific needs. For instance:

  • no fixed address
  • overseas electors
  • special postal voters
  • people with privacy concerns.

Once you've enrolled, your name and address will be added to the electoral roll.

A copy of the Queensland electoral roll is available for public inspection at the Electoral Commission Queensland office. The AEC can arrange access to the Commonwealth electoral roll.

Eligibility requirements

It's compulsory to enrol and vote in council, state and federal government elections if you:

  • are an Australian citizen or eligible British subject;
  • are aged 18 years or over; and
  • have lived at your address for at least one month.

Additionally, 16 and 17 year old’s may enrol provisionally. Once provisionally enrolled, they'll receive a full voting entitlement on their 18th birthday.

If you believe someone should be removed from the electoral roll, please fill in this form PDF (0.65 MB).

Current enrolment figures

View the current enrolment figures which are updated monthly.

Enrolment Forms

The forms below can be printed and returned via post, email or in person to the AEC.

Download enrolment forms
Enrolment form PDF (0.2 MB)Enrol to vote in federal, state and local elections including by-elections and referendums.
No fixed address PDF (0.19 MB)Enrolment for persons with no fixed address or permanent house.
Overseas notification form PDF (0.55 MB)Voters travelling overseas indefinitely that wish to be removed from the electoral roll. Or those travelling temporarily that are unable to vote.
Voters wanting to register as an overseas elector, who intend to return within six years. Your name won’t be removed from the electoral roll, and you’ll be able to vote in federal elections and referendums while overseas.
Enrolment for persons unable to sign PDF (0.2 MB)Enrolment for persons who are unable to sign their name due to physical incapacity.
Prisoner PDF (0.35 MB)For prisoners on remand and not yet sentenced to a term of imprisonment, or who are in periodic detention, or who are serving a term of less than three years in imprisonment.
Silent elector PDF (0.22 MB)Enrol as a silent elector if you believe having your address listed publicly on the electoral roll could endanger your personal safety or the safety of your family.
Notification of deceased relativeIf your relative has passed away, complete this online form to remove their name from the electoral roll.
Objection claim that an elector should not be enrolled PDF (0.65 MB)If you believe someone is ineligible to vote (see 'objection reasons' on the form), you can request the person be removed from the electoral roll.