The Electoral Commission of Queensland acknowledges the Traditional Owners of country where the by-election is being conducted, and their connection to land and community. We pay our respects to all Traditional Owners, and Elders past, present and emerging.
Key dates for the election can be viewed on the election timetable.
In consultation with health authorities, the ECQ implemented a COVID-safe plan for all polling places and vote counting venues.
Returning Officers and supervisors are provided with guidance and resources to ensure the returning office and all polling places and vote counting venues are set up to protect voters, election staff and scrutineers from exposure to COVID-19. Measures implemented include:
- sign in using the Check in Qld app
- actively maintaining social distancing
- frequent cleaning
- provision of hand sanitation facilities, and
- use of daily checklists to ensure measures are maintained for the entire election period.
All measures are implemented based on advice from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Day of issue of the writ – Tuesday 29 June 2021.
- Candidate nominations open - Wednesday 30 June 2021.
- Close of electoral roll – Monday 5 July 2021.
- Candidate nominations close – Wednesday 7 July 2021, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot paper order draw – Wednesday 7 July 2021, 2.30pm.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 12 July 2021.
- Early voting - Monday 12 July to Friday 23 July 2021.
- Election day – Saturday 24 July 2021, 8am to 6pm.
Name: Darryl Sampson
RO Office: Unit 1/17 Learoyd Road, Acacia Ridge, QLD Australia 4110