Isaac Regional Council By-election
The Electoral Commission of Queensland acknowledges the Traditional Owners of country where the by-election is being conducted, and their connection to land and community. We pay our respects to all Traditional Owners, and Elders past, present and emerging.
A by-election for councillor for Division 6 in Isaac Regional Council was planned to be held during August.
Due to the Electoral Commission of Queensland only receiving one candidate nomination, the nominee has been declared the elected candidate.
View the notice of election PDF (0.11 MB).
Candidate nominations closed at 12pm on Monday 2 August 2021.
In consultation with health authorities, the ECQ implemented a COVID-safe plan for all polling places and vote counting venues.
Returning Officers and supervisors are provided with guidance and resources to ensure all returning offices, polling places and vote counting venues are set up to protect voters, election staff and scrutineers from exposure to COVID-19. Measures planned included:
- sign in using the Check in Qld app
- actively maintaining social distancing
- frequent cleaning
- provision of hand sanitation facilities, and
- use of daily checklists to ensure measures are maintained for the entire election period.
All measures are implemented based on advice from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Key election dates
- Notice of Election – Friday 23 July 2021.
- Candidate nominations open - Friday 23 July 2021.
- Close of electoral roll – Thursday 29 July 2021.
- Candidate nominations close – Monday 2 August 2021, 12pm (noon).
- Ballot paper order draw – Monday 2 August 2021, 2.30pm.
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 9 August 2021.
- Early voting – Wednesday 18 August 2021 to Friday 20 August 2021.
- Election day – Saturday 21 August 2021, 8am to 6pm.
Name: Heather Barker
RO Office: Clermont Civic Centre, Cnr Karmoo and Daintree Streets, CLERMONT 4721