Local Government Change Commission
The Local Government Change Commission (Change Commission) is the body established to review the boundaries and electoral arrangements of Queensland's local government areas. It can only assess change proposals that have been referred by the Minister for Local Government.
Reviews are generally conducted in the year preceding the local government quadrennial elections. The next polls will take place in March 2020.
The types of assessments can include:
- Divisional boundary review -
- the internal boundaries of the divisions or wards of a divided local government area.
- External boundary review -
- the common boundaries between local government areas.
- Electoral arrangement review -
- i.e. whether a local government is divided or undivided, the number of councillors, a change of name or classification etc.
Change proposals referred to the Change Commission in 2018 - 19 can be viewed at: Current Boundary Reviews.
Past reviews are available at: Previous Boundary Reviews.
Assessments will be based on the following legislation (and subordinate regulations):
Brisbane City Local Government Area
All other Queensland Local Government Areas
For further information, please contact the Change Commission's secretariat:
|Phone||1300 881 665|