Electoral Commission Queensland


Enrol to vote or update your enrolment details here: http://www.aec.gov.au/enrol/

Alternatively you can collect a form from any Australia Post or Australian Electoral Commission office. 

Once you have enrolled, your name and address will be added to the electoral roll. 

A copy of the Queensland electoral roll is available for public inspection at ECQ head office. Access to the Commonwealth electoral roll can be arranged through the Australian Electoral Commission.

Eligibility requirements

It is compulsory to enrol and vote in local, state and federal elections if you:

  • are an Australian citizen or eligible British subject
  • are aged 18 years or over; and
  • have lived at your address for at least one month.

Enrolment options

Check your enrolment

You can check your enrolment to ensure your details are correct and find out where you are registered to vote.
Change my enrolment addressIf you have moved you must update your enrolment address to ensure your details are accurate on the electoral roll. 
Change my enrolment nameIf you change your name, you must update enrolment with your new details. 
Enrol to voteEnrol to vote via the AEC website or by collecting a form from any Australia Post or Australian Electoral Commission office.
Download an enrolment formInformation on options for returning your completed enrolment are available on the form.
Enrol under special enrolment categoryA number of special enrolment categories are available for electors who meet the eligibility requirements.
Remove an electors name from the electoral rollComplete this form if you believe a registered elector should be removed from the electoral roll as they comply with one of the objection reasons listed on the form.

Enrolment figures

Enrolment figures are used to establish when a state redistribution is required. Redistributions of the state's electoral boundaries are conducted by the Queensland Redistribution Commission and help ensure that each person's vote carries the same value. For more information, see the State Redistribution page.