Frequently asked questions
1. What date is the next state election?
The date of the election is yet to be announced. It can be held anytime between now and May 2018.
2. Can I choose where I work?
You can nominate a preference in your EOI however this doesn't guarantee you'll be posted at that location. Returning Officers generally hire people to work at polling booths close to their homes - but that's not always possible.
3. Will I receive training?
Yes, training is mandatory and must be completed before work commences.
4. I am not on the electoral roll - can I still work at the next election?
Yes, but you will need to fill out a paper Tax File Number Declaration Form – which you can get from the Returning Officer in your area.
5. How much and when will I be paid?
The pay rates (PDF, 44.9 KB) vary for each position.
It states in the Terms and Conditions of Employment (PDF, 72.3 KB) that wages can be paid up to three weeks after the election. Payments are directly deposited into bank accounts. To make sure you're paid quickly we ask successful applicants to provide us with their correct bank account and tax file numbers. All of these details must be entered online.
6. When will I hear if my application has been successful?
There is no specific timeframe yet. We’ll start filling positions once the election is called.
Successful applicants will receive an offer of employment via email from a Returning Officer. Notifications won’t be sent to unsuccessful applicants.
Please be aware that lodging an online application does not guarantee you’ll be hired.
7. I am having problems with my EOI login/application. Can you help?
You can contact our EOI team for further assistance on 1300 881 665.
8. I have submitted an EOI, how can I check it has gone through?
If you have received an email from ECQ containing a username and password, your application has definitely gone through.
9. How do I change details that I entered in my original EOI?
After you've submitted your application, you'll receive an email containing your username and password. Use these login details to alter your information.