All staff are required to complete online training as a condition of your employment. See: Troubleshooting Factsheet and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 315.5 KB)
If your position has an associated handbook, you must read this prior to commencing your role. A hard copy will be provided by your Returning Officer (RO) and can be downloaded below. ECQ recommends you read your handbook before attempting the online training and assessment.
If you are working on election day, training includes a mandatory face-to-face briefing from the Polling Booth Supervisor before the polling booth opens. Supervisors and Second-in-Command (2ICs) may also be required to complete group-based, face to face training the week prior to election day.
Electronic (PDF) versions of the handbooks can be accessed for each relevant position by clicking on the links below:
Polling Booth Staff
- Supervisor (& 2ICs) (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Declaration Voting Issuing Officer (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Ordinary Voting issuing Officer (PDF, 738.4 KB)
- Booth Assistants (PDF, 233.3 KB)
RO Office & Pre-poll Staff
- Election Assistant (no handbook – online and on-the-job training will be provided)
- Electoral Visit Officer (PDF, 520.0 KB)
- Declared Institution Officer (PDF, 601.3 KB)
- Pre-poll RO Office (PDF, 805.0 KB)
- Pre-poll Issuing Officer - Declaration Voting (PDF, 1.1 MB) or Ordinary Voting (PDF, 738.4 KB)
- All District Centre Supervisors (PDF, 1.3 MB)