Working at an election
The Commission has a duty to be election ready at all times. The next Queensland State General Election can be called anytime between now and early 2018. As part of our preparation, the Commission is looking for people to register their expression of interest in working at the next State election.
What are we looking for?
Elections are large scale logistical events which must be run in accordance with strict time frames under heightened public scrutiny. To support in the successful conduct of an election the Commission aims to employ people who:
- represent the diversity of the Queensland community
- act with integrity, impartiality and transparency in accordance with all relevant legislation
- promote confidence in electoral processes and procedures
- have demonstrated ability to complete tasks accurately within strict time constraints and
- have existing confidence and knowledge operating multiple technological devices (applicants must be able to capably use a mobile phone, laptop, printer and, tablet).
What do you need?
In order to express your interest and be offered employment with the Commission you must:
- be at least 15 years of age
- adhere to the Political Neutrality Policy (PDF, 66.3 KB)
- adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Employment (PDF, 72.3 KB)
The Commission employs a large number of temporary staff who contribute either prior to, or on polling day.
All offers of employment are subject to the successful completion of training prior to election day. Failure to complete the required training will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.
Employment is for the duration of ONE electoral event only. Even if you have worked for the Commission at a previous election you are still required to register to receive new login details and submit a new expression of interest.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW to express your interest in working at the next Queensland State election.
If you have already registered for this electoral event and wish to update or amend your application, you can login through the EOI portal for registered users.