Working at an election
Would you like to work at the next Queensland State General Election?
The Queensland State General Election has no fixed date and can be called anytime between now and early 2018.
ECQ is looking for people to register an expression of interest (EOI) to work at this event.
Employment is for the duration of ONE electoral event only.
Even if you have worked for us in the past, you need to submit a new EOI and receive new login details.
Please note applications can only be made online.
In order to be employed by ECQ you must:
- be at least 15 years of age
- adhere to the Political Neutrality Policy (PDF, 66.3 KB)
- adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Employment (PDF, 72.3 KB)
- successfully complete training prior to commencement date.
ECQ employs a large number of temporary staff who contribute either prior to, or on polling day.
How to apply
It is important to have the following information ready before applying:
- details of previous election work (if applicable),
- positions and state districts you wish to work in:
- List of electorates: Qld's 93 State Electoral Districts (PDF, 138.8 KB)
- Map of electorates
- an example of your experience:
- providing customer service and working in a team environment
- calculating figures accurately and working to tight deadlines
- managing or supervising staff (if applicable).
It is compulsory for all election staff to complete online training and read the handbook that relates to their role. Those employed to work at a polling booth need to complete their training one week prior to election day. Staff assisting the Returning Officer or working at a pre-poll centre must finalise their training prior to commencing work. Handbooks will be provided by your Returning Officer or can be downloaded here.
Frequently asked questions
Please see frequently asked questions for more information on working at an election.
You will receive an email containing your username and password once your EOI has been submitted.
If you have already submitted an EOI you can log in to check or alter your application.