Working at an election
The next Queensland State General Election can be called anytime between now and early 2018. As part of our preparation, ECQ is looking for people to register an expression of interest (EOI) to work at the upcoming election.
Employment is for the duration of ONE electoral event only. Even if you have previously lodged an application or worked at a past election you are required to submit a new EOI and receive new login details.
Please read the following information carefully before registering your interest. Please note applications can only be made online.
In order to be employed by ECQ you must:
- be at least 15 years of age
- adhere to the Political Neutrality Policy (PDF, 66.3 KB)
- adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Employment (PDF, 72.3 KB)
- successfully complete training prior to commencement date.
ECQ employs a large number of temporary staff who contribute either prior to, or on polling day.
How to apply
It is important to have the following information ready before applying:
- details of previous election work (if applicable),
- positions and state districts you wish to work in
- an example of your experience:
- providing customer service and working in a team environment
- calculating figures accurately and working to tight deadlines
- managing or supervising staff (if applicable).
Frequently asked questions
Please see frequently asked questions for more information on working at an election.
You will receive an email containing your username and password once all fields in the EOI have been completed and submitted.
If you have already submitted an EOI for the upcoming election you can log in to check or alter your application.